Spiced Maple Sausage Patties
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the onion and saute until translucent. Cool slightly and add to ground beef mixture. Stir until well combined, then roll into 12, 2-inch balls, and flatten slightly.
- Bake in the oven for 5-6 minutes; if not crisp golden, broil for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Drizzle maple syrup over the patties.
- Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!