Shaved Asparagus and Steak Salad
- 1/2 pound beef steak of choice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 cups shaved asparagus using a vegetable peeler
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot chopped
- Place steak in a large resalable bag.
- In a large bowl, whisk the next 5 ingredients (olive oil through honey) and pour over the steak. Seal bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Place steak on the grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until steak reaches desired level of doneness. Allow steak to cool then slice.
- In a large bowl, toss the steak, asparagus and raisins.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the remaining 3 ingredients (lemon juice through shallot) with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and pour over the salad. Toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux - tay - to es (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with ghee, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: 266 Calories; 18g Fat; 11g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 32mg Cholesterol; 26mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!