Parsnip and Shrimp Slaw
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 large leek chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups shredded parsnips
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, leek, salt and pepper; cook for 10 minutes or until shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss together remaining ingredients (parsnips through vinegar). Add shrimp mixture then toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Grated Beet Salad – Grate washed and peeled beets into a bowl; drizzle with a little rice vinegar, lime juice and extra virgin olive oil then salt and pepper to taste and toss well. NUTRITION: 317 Calories; 11g Fat (32.2% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 204mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!