Orange Chicken Cabbage Salad
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound chicken thighs boneless skinless , chopped
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- In large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken, cabbage and green onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 6 ingredients (coconut aminos through ginger) and pour over salad. Toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans. NUTRITION: 187 Calories; 8g Fat; 23g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 95mg Cholesterol; 117mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!