Jalapeno Chicken and Pineapple Kabobs
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs cubed
- 1 large sweet onion cut into wedges
- 1 large jalapeno sliced
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- bamboo skewers or metal
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM.
- In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients. Alternately thread ingredients onto skewers.
- Place skewers on grill; cook for 10 minutes per side or until chicken juices run clear and onion and jalapeño are tender.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve kabobs over Curried Cauli - Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain then toss with curry powder, salt, pepper and cho pped green onions and cilantro). Add steamed baby carrots and snow peas on the side. NUTRITION: 187 Calories; 5g Fat (24.8% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 81mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/ 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; ½ Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!