Ham and Vegetable Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 2 cups cooked and cubed ham
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 cups chopped kale
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- In a large pot, heat coconut oil over medium heat. To the pot, add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes. To the onion mixture, add the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Bring soup to a boil and cover. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes or until the vegetables are slightly tender.
- Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!