Grilled Sausage with Cranberry Broccoli Salad
- 4 large pork sausage links
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large head broccoli cut into florets
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small shallot minced
- Heat grill to high heat.
- Place sausage links on the grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until sausage is cooked through.
- Allow sausage to cool then slice.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the broccoli and onion and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, until broccoli is tender and onion is translucent.
- In a large bowl, add the sausage, broccoli, onion and cranberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 5 ingredients (apple cider vinegar through shallot) and pour over the broccoli mixture.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Complete meal all on it’s own! NUTRITION: 298 Calories; 25g Fat; 8g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 19mg Cholesterol; 229mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Ve getable; 0 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!