Grilled Salmon and Cauliflower with Pesto Sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 medium salmon fillets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 large onion chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups chopped basil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM.
- Rub salmon with coconut oil. On large aluminum foil squares, place a salmon fillet and an even portion of cauliflower florets, onion, salt and pepper. Cover fish and vegetables with a second large aluminum foil square; seal the edges to make pouches.
- Place pouches on grill; cook for 5 to 10 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and vegetables are tender (careful of steam!).
- Prepare pesto: In a blender, add remaining ingredients (basil leaves through pine nuts) along with salt and pepper to taste; blend until smooth.
- To serve, drizzle salmon and vegetables with pesto.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Arugula and Radish Salad – In a large bowl, toss together arugula and thinly sliced radishes. In a small bowl, whisk together some Dijon mustard, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper; drizzle mixture over salad and toss well. NUTRITION: 344 Calories; 18g Fat (48.1% calories from fat); 37g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fibe r; 88mg Cholesterol; 131mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!