Grilled Garlic Herb Turkey Loin
- 1-2 pound turkey loin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons minced rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced oregano
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Place the turkey in a large re-sealable bag.
- In a large bowl, mix the next 8 ingredients (olive oil through chicken broth). Pour half of the sauce over the turkey and refrigerate the remaining.
- Seal the bag and refrigerate the turkey for at least 2 hours.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Place the turkey on the grill and cook for 10 minutes on each side, until the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove turkey from grill and allow to cool. When cooled, slice and pour remaining sauce over the turkey and serve
SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised kale and collard greens. (In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add 2 cups kale, 2 cups collard greens, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Toss and cook for 5 minutes, until greens are slightly tender.) NUTRITION: 206 Calories; 5g Fat; 37g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 91mg Cholesterol; 374mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!