Garlicky Dijon Pork Chops and Greens
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork chops
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 pounds mustard greens chopped (or use collard greens)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard and thyme. Use a pastry brush to coat pork chops with the mustard mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a baking dish place the pork. In the oven, roast the pork for 20 minutes, or until desired doneness. On a cutting board, place pork and let rest for 5 minutes.
- While the pork is cooking, in a large sauté pan, heat ghee over medium heat. In the pan, sauté garlic and onion for 2 minutes. To the pan, add mustard greens and vinegar. Stir greens and reduce heat to low.
- Cook greens 10 to 12 minutes, or until tender. Stir in ground sauerkraut. Season mustard greens to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- On individual plates, place greens. Place pork alongside greens and serve.
Serving Suggestion: Faux - tay - toes (Steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!