Crock Cooker: Low Carb Pulled Pork
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup low carb barbecue sauce
- Place the broth in the bottom of the crock cooker and then the pork tenderloin. Lay the bacon, spices and sauce over the pork.
- Cook on high 4 hours or until the meat is fully cooked and tender.
- Transfer the meat to a bowl to rest. Shred the meat using forks and add 1 1/2 cups of the sauce in the crock cooker to the shredded meat. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
- Makes about 4 1/2 cups of pulled pork.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A tossed green salad (lettuce - not iceberg - , salad veggies and low carb dressing). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth and barbecue sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: 395 Calories; 13g Fat; 53g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 153mg Cholesterol; 1386mg Sodium . Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!