Coconut Shrimp Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 large shallot chopped
- 1/4 cup dried flaked coconut
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 14-oz. can coconut milk
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups spinach
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- To the skillet, add the shrimp and the shallot. Cook for 5 minutes, then add the remaining 5 ingredients (coconut through spinach).
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until shrimp is opaque and cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not ice berg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.) NUTRITION: 327 Calories; 21g Fat; 26g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 216mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 4 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!