- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and divided
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small lemon juice and zest
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 cups sliced crimini mushrooms or use regular mushrooms
- 3 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine 5 tablespoons spoons of butter with the next 4 ingredients (garlic through thyme) to make a marinade. To the bowl add chicken and mix, coating chicken in marinade. Marinate chicken at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Using a paper towel, pat excess marinade from chicken.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 3 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. In the pan, sear chicken for 1 minute on both sides. Remove chicken from pan.
- In the same pan, sauté mushrooms for 3 minutes, then add tomatoes and broth. Over medium heat, bring broth to a simmer. To the pan, add chicken. Cover pan. Over medium heat simmer, chicken 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked. Remove chicken from pan and place in individual plates. To the pan, add tarragon and stir. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Spoon contents of pan over each portion of chicken and then serve.
Serving Suggestion: Faux - tay - toes and Sauteed Garlicky Kale (Steam cauliflowe r till tender; drain; mash with butter, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!