Beef Taco Salad with Pico de Gallo
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 large avocado pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- 1 large tomato diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add beef, onion and garlic; cook for 5 minutes or until beef has browned.
- Stir in next 4 ingredients (cumin through cilantro); cook for 5 minutes or until beef is cooked through.
- In a large bowl, layer the lettuce, beef mixture, sliced avocado and radishes.
- Prepare Pico de Gallo: In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients (tomato through thyme); pour over salad then toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cucumber and Jicama Slaw – Cut cucumber and jicama into matchsticks. Place in a bowl then drizzle with a little rice vinegar, lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper; toss well and serve. NUTRITION: 428 Calories; 32g Fat (65.7% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 100mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!