Beef Hot Pot
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos or use soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons ghee or unsalted butter
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cups white button mushrooms
- 5 cups shredded bok choy
- 2 cups julienne red bell pepper
- 2 cups asparagus tips
- 4 cups bone broth
- 1 medium lime zest and juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In medium bowl, mix together the first 4 ingredients (beef through soy sauce). Form mixture into 12 small meatballs.
- In a large pot, heat ghee over medium heat. In the pot, sauté onion, jalapeno, and ginger for 3 minutes.
- To the pot, add the next 4 ingredients (mushrooms through asparagus) and sauté for 4 minutes, then add broth.
- Over medium heat, bring broth to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, then add meatballs.
- Simmer broth for 8 to 10 minutes, or until meatballs are fully cooked and vegetables are tender. Stir in lime zest and juice and season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- In individual bowls, place beef, vegetables, and broth. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
Serving Suggestion: Cauli - rice (Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and butter, fluff with a fork.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!