Turkey Avocado Burgers
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 avocados chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 large lemons juiced
- 2 large limes juiced
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups bell peppers thinly sliced
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- 6 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- Mix together in a small bowl the first 8 ingredients (salt through turmeric) to make the seasoning. Set aside.
- Mix the next 5 ingredients (avocados through lime juice) together in a food processor until smooth to make the avocado topping. Set aside.
- Place ground turkey in bowl and add the burger seasoning. Mix well.
- Form 6 turkey patties. Drizzle patties with olive oil. Heat grill to medium heat and cook to your liking.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and sauté bell peppers and onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer the grilled burgers on a piece of lettuce with a tomato slice and add the avocado topping and the sautéed peppers and onions.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sweet potato fries (peel sweet potatoes and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425 - degree oven, turning once, until tender; season to taste with salt, pepper and chili powder. VEGETARIAN: Use Portobello mushrooms instead of ground turkey. GLUTEN FREE: No changes, necessary. NUTRITION: 466 Calories; 31g Fat (56.4% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 120mg Cholesterol; 633mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!