Slaw with Grilled Cod
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons chopped jalapeño
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- nonstick cooking spray
- 6 medium cod fillets
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add the first 6 ingredients (cilantro through red bell pepper) to a medium size bowl.
- Pour apple cider vinegar over and toss well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray and preheat to 300-degrees.
- Drizzle fillets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill fish for 5 minutes per side keeping covered.
- Serve warm over slaw.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sautéed zucchini and yellow squash. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of cod filets. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure apple cider vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: 260 Calories; 5g Fat (16.9% calories from fat); 43g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 140mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 ½ Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!