Crock Cooker: Chicken Teriyaki
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cold water
- Place chicken in a large crock cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours until chicken is tender. Remove chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Place the liquid from crock cooker in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl until smooth. Slowly stir into liquid until thickened.
- Serve hot with chicken.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Jasmine rice and a big green salad. (Lettuce - not iceberg - , salad veggies and salad dressing.) VEGETARIAN: Use non - breaded faux chicken patties and adjust cook time as needed. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and apple cider vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: 129 Calories; trace Fat (0.8% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 2mg Cholesterol; 1203mg Sodium. Exch anges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!