Chicken Filled Roasted Peppers
- 4 large red peppers halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Lay out halved peppers on a baking with cut side up.
- In a large bowl combine shredded chicken, salsa, onion powder, taco seasoning, 1 1/2 cups of cheese, and sour cream. Stir to combine.
- Fill each pepper half with the mixture. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Place on grill with lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir - fried zucchini and yellow squash. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 465 Calories; 23g Fat (44.0% calories from fat); 34g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 108mg Cholesterol; 471mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 ½ Vegetable; 0 Non - Fat Milk; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!