Cashew Beef Stir-Fry
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 inch ginger grated
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil divided
- 2 pounds beef sirloin cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium bell peppers diced
- 2 large zucchini quartered
- 9 ounces snow peas
- 3 large green onions chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together first 6 ingredients (soy sauce through salt and pepper) and set aside.
- In a large skillet, toast cashews on low-medium heat until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Raise skillet to medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Add beef and cook for 7
- minutes,stirring frequently. Move beef to the side of the skillet and add remaining sesame oil, peppers, zucchini and snow peas to the center of skillet. Cook vegetables for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir beef and cashews into vegetables, pour the sauce over and cook for 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sauce has thickened, stirring frequently.
- Garnish with green onions and serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice. VEGETARIAN: Use eggplant instead of s irloin steak. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: 566 Calories; 38g Fat (58.6% calories from fat); 33g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 84mg Cholesterol; 477mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Ve getable; 2 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!